Tuesday, October 24, 2006

the week in review

I have an odd week. I go to campus on Mondays, work a 9-5 job Tuesdays to Fridays, work at the bookshop on Saturday mornings from 8:30 to 1 and have church on Sundays. Every single day of my week has some sort regular activity attached to it. I have a regular schedule. I understand that you are probably thinking what the big deal with that is. We all have regular schedules. Well the thing is that for the last three years of my life I didn’t. The most regular thing about my life was the irregularities about it. I never knew for certain that I absolutely had something on every day. I would wait like the rest or the clan to receive my two week schedule and then have to plan my life around that. Now I can make plans in advance. It’s exhilarating.

With one small exception …
It feels as though I have been cramming three years worth of social engagements into one month. Not nearly enough time and so there is still a pile of pots that need to be washed and my rather busy social life is not providing me time to wash the pots.
It’s all rather sad really.
Don’t worry after using them I did rinse them out so there isn’t anything growing in them. No this weekend I have decided to simply stay at home and be by myself with my husband and to forsake all others with of course the exception being my advertising group. I shall be meeting them @ 12 on Sunday after church.
The good thing about that is that mayhap the dishes will be done by Saturday

No comments: