Friday, April 18, 2008

I am a blue flame of furious

I could be Jack's raging bile duct.

 

There are moments in your life when throwing a tantrum is perfectly acceptable. When you want to scream and shout and throw things around.

I had one of those days yesterday.

 

My darling husband bought me an MP4 player and a FM modulator for Christmas.

My darling cousin Jackie put loads of music on it for me. Music to my hearts content

In theory a perfect concept and then the damn thing stopped working.

I had a little tantrum where I called Tim and screamed about buying stupid no name CRAP and then proceeded to calm down courtesy of the brilliant sounds of Tiesto.

After my meeting, I sat in my car and painstakingly tried to figure out what was wrong with the MP4 player and all it's friends. I did so. I even managed to get to the stage where I had plugged in some head phones and happily driving along listening to Alanis Morrisette. It seemed fitting to have her mournful cadence filling my ears.

I was driving along happily singing along

And then

 

AND THEN.

 

THE ****ING BATTERY DIED.

 

The battery died.

This then resulted in another call to Tim that featured loads of alternate screaming and hysterical laughing. You know what they say. You scream or laugh. I did both.

 

AND THEN

 

I was told that I'm doing enough work, despite having three very lucrative potential things on the table. I understand where management is coming from. I really do understand.

I really really do.

BUT

I was having a bad day.

And as rational as the thoughts may be, I was not really in the mood to hear them. As I've said a million times before. BAD DAY

 

The absolute cherry on the cake was ordering a toasted sandwich and it wasn't toasted.

 

By this stage I was in no mood to deal with anything at all ever.

 

But I'm okay now.

 

At least I think so

1 comment:

Jackie said...

My gerl u need to cool off. Do not stressssssssss!!!!!! Very painful and tiring. F**k them all man.