Monday, December 04, 2006

a busy time to be had by all

 

Another day, another dollar.

 

Well I suppose in the South African context, it would be

 

Another day, Another Rand … dollar just seems to work better.

 

It’s only Monday and already it has been a long week. People I cannot even begin to tell you just how tired I am. It’s has been one thing after another since the beginning of last month (November) and let’s just say December is not famous for its restful aura. No that more a June/ July type thing. The winter months. They automatically means long sleeping hours. So where to begin? What have I been up to the last few weeks?

 

Well the exciting news is that I am now the proud owner of the LOTR extended DVD box set. I’ve already started watching even though I have yet to finish prison break and need to return DVD’s that contain beautiful Wentworth Miller on them. No matter. I will survive.

 

I made a very lovely chocolate cake for Tim’s grandfather on Saturday. It was in celebration of his 86th Birthday. Can you ever? So what if he’s all wrinkled and keeps calling me Carol. 86 is one hell of an accomplishment.

 

What else …

Oh yes. This is an achievement of note. I survived in a room full of children. And I was not spat on, none oft hem had runny noses and thankfully they could all go to the toilet themselves. I draw the line there.

 

So a busy yet fulfilling weekend and this morning a wonderful friend gave me the opportunity to pass on pearls of wisdom to her. Like I said to her when I was done “when did I get so wise?” She laughed and was certain that she had no idea at all.

 

So now dear non existent readers my fondest wish is to go home and go to bed and sleep a dreamlees sleep. Oh and to eat the breyani my aunt sent me. hmmm breyani.  It’s been a while

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Sholain said...

What?!?! you havent learned to cook breyani yourself yet? :)