Wednesday, December 13, 2006

marriage

It has been a long week and Christmas is almost upon us. I forgot to renew my library books again and am so gearing up for astonishingly hefty fine. Also I am feeling a case of the nerves. I will be married for two years in two days. The best thing about that I that now I have crossed the two year hard part. There’s only another like 50 or however long we live left.

 

But marriage like everything else is difficult. Maybe a little more difficult than everything else. You see the thing is that if you have a fight with a friend you can go home. Scream in your own steam, have some ice-cream and then meet, cry and get over it and bond over shoes, clothes, kitchenware, - whatever strikes your fancy, but when you’re married  you are home damnit. You really can’t go any where and I’ll be damned before I let you walk out the house and spend the night at the Holiday Inn with room service and free bath stuff while I stay home and cry into a smelly pillow.

 

Before you ask …. Yes I have issues. A very happy marriage yes and issues

 

Also it’s the two year mark. The question on everybody’s bloody lips is

 

                        “When are you gonna have a baby?”

 

Umm … let’s see when I finally think that is actually worth it to have my wonderful blissfully disordered life tossed into chaos by a screaming squalling infant. It’s what I’ve been dreaming off since I realised my breast are more than mere man-attracters or my husband refers to them ‘super-powers’,

 

The truth is that my marriage is on of the most fulfilling things into my entire life. I was blessed with a wonderful husband who thinks I’m so very amazing despite all of me very obvious faults. It may be just two years but these have been the most wonderful two years of my life and there have been a million ups and downs and we moved three times. We’re awful to each other when then shops are busy and when we’re tired and hungry. But I know that I know that I know that he loves me more than anything else in the world.

 

And I also know that we’ll be together forever. I know this to true as well because in this day and age with the cost of living, there is no way I can afford to get dirvorced

 

 

No comments: