Thursday, December 07, 2006

the morning after the night before

Last night was the staff Christmas party for the book store that I work at on Saturday morning only. And not every Saturday morning at that because even I (yes I do) have a life where books are not at all involved.

Somebody once said to me they knew when they were at my place by the books on every single surface all over the house. Yes I read a lot. I am well read. Let’s move on shall we?

 

So back to the Christmas Party. We went to a place called Baan Thai. I must say the food was wonderful. Very delicate flavours and just the right amount of spices.  Last night for the first time ever I had duck. It’s actually quite good. I had no idea. So yes I will be having it again … should the circumstances arise.

 

 

Anyway the best part or parties is the in my not-so-humble opinion is the giving of gifts. It is of course all fun and games until somebody get hurt. Nobody got hurt. And there were some good gifts. I must admit when working in a budget, it forces you to be creative especially when you have to buy something that either sex can use. I got a cup. It says.  “Good morning let the stress begin”

 

How very appropriate. J

 

It was a good party and I really can’t wait for the next one. I love the bookstore and you know what I don’t think I’ll ever stop.

 

No comments: