Monday, July 23, 2007

Adventure

The word adventure no longer holds the same sense that it used to. Adventure used to mean treks into the tomb of the Tutankhamen or meandering across the great African Wilds, the Australian Outback or the maybe the American Wild West. Whatever adventure meant back then, it most certainly did involve the use of tents and cooking on an open fire and all kinds of things that us city slickers would never be able to do like washing at the nearest watering hole or (GOD FORBID) not taking a bath all together.

 

Adventure has a new meaning now. One that is more suitable to our urban lifestyles and our credit cards and everything else.

 

 

I’ve just has an adventure.

 

I dropped water all over myself and there began the crazy journey to get dry clothes. It’s all fun and games really till someone loses and eye.

 

 

In other news I am finally coming to terms with the events that occurred in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It’s been a two days at least since I finished the book and I’m coming to terms with it slowly. I think perhaps it was the drug induced state that kept me from feeling what I am now. I’m on fewer drugs now and it’s all starting to sink a bit too quickly.

 

It really is the end of an era. It’s like Buffy all over again.               

 

 

J.K. Rowling has made history with Harry Potter. She’s a brilliant writer. The manner in which she weaved everything together in this book is just amazing and mind blowing. She’s also shown herself to be an adult writer with this book. I for will not have any problems if she abandons writing for kids and writes for adults exclusively. Deathly Hallows is a dark but brilliant book.  

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joanne,

Not Anon, It's Ayanda, don't have a google account or web page so this is the best I could do.

Cool blog dude: your musings are.... amusing (!) and your insights are deep and interesting. I love this latest Adventure post. And that "Nandos HOT!" thing, brilliant!

Later