Wednesday, October 10, 2007

thank you my darling

In the establishment of any relationship, I do believe it should take a certain amount of time before one finally gives and uses cutesy little names like my darling or sweet heart or baby.

With regards to this there are two types of people in the world. Those that don’t mind being called very popular endearments by strangers they speak to on the phone or people that you just met and then there are the people who do mind. I mind.

There’s a certain sense of fakeness for me in that. How can you call someone you’ve never met darling? I suppose it also cheapens it when people that you are very dear to call you that. So that’s my little gripe today.

Comparatively speaking compared to what I’ve been feeling over the last week, it’s very minor.

So it’s my first week at my new job and I’m loving it. The days have been filled with an array of activity including trying to get the switchboard to work. The last two weeks have been a bit of a topsy turvy. I’ve been looking forward to moving on from MW and at the same time spent a great deal of time wondering if I have what it took to do the job I had been hired to do. I knew that logically I could do it and be really good at it but there was always the doubt at the back of my mind. There has also been a lot of drama going on.

Friends come and go. They disappear from your life for a while and then come back and you pick up from where you left of. Others are always there in the background and you meet once in a while and it’s a constant. The relationship is great and you never put much pressure on each other. Then there are the friends that come into your life for a small season who tend to take everything they can from you and then move onto the next person.

Unfortunately you never know who these people are. Sometimes you get warned and then don’t pay attention to the warnings. You tend to believe in your own strength and loyalty and then hope it rubs off onto that person. After all, how can somebody that you put that much effort into, not have the decency to return it?

When that happens, you’re left wondering how you could be so blind and stupid. Let me say right now. It’s not me.

I made every effort and I am a good friend. I feel no guilt about this relationship falling apart. Actually to be honest, I’m relieved that we no longer can be friends. In fact we stopped being friends once she went back to her trashy boyfriend for what seems like the 50th time in a sixth month period. Personally I prefer to surround myself with people who value themselves. She really doesn’t so it’s actually a relief to let this go.

The important thing is that I got my shoes back. Keep your casual ‘invites’

To everyone who has been a good friend (and you can judge yourself) THANK YOU. If you’re not you only get out what you put in.

No comments: