Thursday, March 29, 2007

and so the plot thickens

So there I was merrily minding my own business at the birthday celebration of one of my dearest friends. A good time was being had by all. As usual celebrations are interrupted by phone calls. Mobile phones. One of the greatest and most annoying inventions ever made.

 

I received a call from brother dearest to find out exactly what I told my mother in our conversation on the weekend.

WHY ?

Because I am now being branded as a sell-out! And names that were never even mentioned are joining the fray.

YEAH for me. I stood up for my brother. I guess it was too much to expect him to do the same for me. After all he called me to find out if I said anything. Instead of merely believing what was said to him when I called him to warn him of the coming storm.

 

YES the sibling relationship is changing. I am beginning to realise that all my efforts where brother dearest are concerned are all for nought. He has his own posse and I’m just the only other person on the planet that shares enough DNA with him should he require a kidney or some other vital interchangeable body part somewhere in the never-ending future.

 

I am also angered as being labelled as the sell out. I will answer questions I am asked honestly. Perhaps everybody should consider what I had to go through considering that I was being interrogated over other people’s behaviour. Not once but twice.

I will say it again

 

IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO DO SOMETHING THEN YOU BETTER BLOODY WELL MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ALSO OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS.        

 

 

I will say it again

 

IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO DO SOMETHING THEN YOU BETTER BLOODY WELL MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ALSO OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS.        

 

 

No comments: