Friday, March 30, 2007

The System

First National Bank has set up a new Internet Banking system. This new Internet Banking system proudly features my insanely long surname before I got married. So like any good person who has ever dealt with banks, I called to find out why.

 

I spoke to a really nice man on the other side of the phone and told him that shortly after I got married over two years ago, I made my trip to the bank to fill out all necessary paper work to change my names on the bank’s system. I asked him if he could possibly check my name on the system to see what they had. Unfortunately I did not have my account number handy but could I give him my ID number.

 

His prompt response was to enquire if my ID number had changed after I got married.

 

 

 

And people wonder about the exceedingly high emigration rate of this country.  

No comments: