Thursday, April 26, 2007

IT BEGINS

There was just a huge giant bumble bee in my office. I hate bees.

 

Yesterday was the first day of my new diet. I went to a dietician and got a whole eating plan and am going to stick to it – the power of positive thinking. My diet started very shakily yesterday. To begin with I did not have all the things I am supposed to so technically on the first day – I cheated. But I’m moving on. There really was nothing I could do about any of that. Today is a much better day mostly because of my shopping spree yesterday. I had to go shoppping for all the things I am allowed to have mainly fruit. After all I really don’t want to starve.

 

So yesterday meals were

Breakfast: 2/3 cup all bran flakes with ½ cup milk 

Mod morning snack: 1 cup coffee with sugar

Lunch: 2 slices white bread with two ham slices

Mid afternoon snack: 45g Bfast with ½ cup milk

Super: 1 cup brown rice with a mixed veg and a piece of fish.

 

It might then be just a better idea all around to can yesterday and have today Thursday 25th April 2007 as the first day of my diet.

 

 

Today the meal plan is as follow:-

 

Breakfast: 1 cup all bran flakes with ½ cup low fat milk and 1 sweetener.

Mid morning snack: 1 cup fruit salad

Lunch: 2 slices of wheat bread with 30g tuna and ½T yo-naise and a can of sugar free ginger ale

Mid afternoon snack: 1 apple and two naartjies. (I may just have 1 apple and one naartjie)

Supper: roast chicken with accompaniments

 

My mother is cooking supper for me on account of how I have finally graduated from my honours degree. I have told her about me new diet and my freedoms and restrictions.

 

I am not allowed any sugar of any kind at all. I am now having sweetener. I’m allowed 14 tablets a day. I’m going to try only having half of that. So far today I’ve had one but I can live without it. Yesterday I had no sugar with my bran flakes and it wasn’t too bad. So I can deal with not having it in there. Pronutro will be another story though.

 

I must admit that I am very apprehensive about this. Can I do it? I’m not sure. But I do know that have some great people supporting me in this quest and to each of them I am very grateful.

 

As with all new and exciting developments I will keep you posted

No comments: